Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Yay hooray!

I will now be able to blog much more easily, as my favorite blog-posting software (Semagic) works with blogger. Yippee yahoo! (no, not Yahoo!, just yahoo). Um, knitting related news...

I finished the first Anastasia sock. I'm going to finish Rainbow of Falling Leaves before I cast on the second, and my Father and Son socks that were for my step-dad are now for my step-dad-in-law since I found out step-dad is allergic to wool. Which reminds me, I need to call around and find Wick yarn.

Okay. I should knit. I have fuzzy feet to work on too. And my son's slippers. Yeah.

1 comment:

AllyB said...

Hey! It's been awhile but we had some contact a few months ago about the defunct/maybe never existed knitting night at Schuler's on Alpine. Sounds like you're keeping busy up there in Sparta. I know what you mean about that best friend thing. I used to have a couple, before I had a family to raise. Seems like once you have children there isn't a lot of time for cultivating friendships. And they do take time and energy that is in short supply if you have small children. And there's always the acceptance factor in a relationship...life's baggage sometimes gets in the way if you're worried others won't accept you for the things you've been through in your life. Even though some folks try to hide their baggage everybody has some. Now that my chilren are grown and The Saint and I have been together long enough not to be "clingy" I'm finding more time to spend growing some new friendships with some of the folks I've met at City Knitting. You do have to just jump up and down sometimes to get folks attention and be ready for the fact that some folks won't like, accept, understand you but if you take the risk and work through the growing pains it's worth it. Now that I've talked your ear off...have a great day!