Saturday, November 10, 2007

I found the *best* lighting this morning...

So I've been feeling generally cruddy lately. Betcha couldn't tell *that* from my blog post yesterday, could you? Well, it culminated this morning at about 3:40am when I woke up feeling major pressure in my chest and had a huge coughing fit. And there was some blood in the phlegm. Ick. Not a lot, mind you, but enough to concern me. Because, well, I had a step-uncle who died because a blood clot from his lung passed to his heart when we all figured he just had a nasty cold. So I'm a little paranoid about these things.

So I got myself around, remembered to grab the insurance card, woke hubby up enough to tell him where I was going, grabbed my rainbow sock in progress, and headed to the Emergency Room of my preferred hospital. Which, oddly enough, I pass 3-4 other hospitals to get to. But this is the one I like, and it's actually the Brand New hospital, open for maybe a month now. Great opportunity to check the place out. I got to the hospital, loving the new easy access from the highway and such, headed in, past security, and towards the triage area when I was stopped and it was pointed out to me that I was leaving a trail of yarn behind me. The ball had fallen out of my purse, and the sock was still in it... so I follow the trail all the way out to the parking lot where I picked it up, helped an innocent bystander get untangled, and re-wound it back through the lobby and ER waiting area. (Don't worry - the yarn was unharmed)

We get through everything, get chest x-rays, and as I was waiting for the doctor to return, I knit at the sock a bit. Then I tried it on my foot. And held the foot up in the air to look at it a bit. Because hey, there is a MASSIVELY bright light in the room. And you know what? I didn't like it. At all. I love the pattern, love the yarn, they just were not meant to be together. So, then and there, I frogged it and re-wound the ball. Tucked my DPN's away in my wallet and was happy to see they fit. About then the nurse came back with an inhaler, a couple prescriptions (steroids and antibiotics - woohoo!), and my discharge instructions. And then I was on my merry way. I have a sinus infection and viral bronchitis. Lovely.

So I got my prescriptions at a 24-hour pharmacy on the way home (was still roughly 6am) and got back in time for house to wake up. Ugh. Haven't been able/allowed to go back to bed either. Because if I slept all day, I wouldn't sleep at night. But hubby has been forcing me to knit, so it's not all that bad. 2 1/2 rounds of Monkey pattern plus a toe, and I'm done with the pair! I even managed to save what was pulled out without losing my mind, and knit it back up in record time.

So if I seem a bit more off than usual in my posts for the next week, I swear, it's the meds. And also, thank you to those who read my blog and commented on my last post. It did make me feel a bit better to know I'm not the only one. Zyllah - honestly, when I get on here and post, I kinda just type what I'm thinking, let it all out. I do a bit of self-censoring (many things that do *not* need to be shared) but I think the strong emotions I felt yesterday had to be let out to an open audience. Thanks for reading. Sometimes I almost forget that people look at what I type here. :)

Oh, if you're wondering about the future of the Rainbow Yarn, I'm considering being daring and knitting the Rainbow Socks out of October's MagKnits with it. Fee says it's her pattern, but her yarn is still on my desk. :) At least until next week. Okeys. Enough for today.
Post a Comment