Sunday, November 4, 2007

Strange Days

So the time change was last night. Which meant when I woke up at 8:15am, it was really only 7:15am. Which was quite nice. Because it was daylight. So at least for a little while, the kids will have light to walk to school by.

So I set about being Useful and made coffee and breakfast and prepped the sauce for Butter Chicken that was for dinner... All was going well.

All was still going fairly well into the afternoon. Until about 2:30pm. At that point it felt like something had invaded my head. Completely and utterly. My whole body ached, my throat hurt, my ears burned. It was excruciating. I took a couple decongestants and Ibuprofin and curled up into the fetal position on the sofa. And managed to knit at Monkey for a while. Amazing.

Of course, this is the part where hubby decides it's time to play with the kids and be incredibly loud and obnoxious. Screaming children, loud husband, stupid movie on TV. And me, wishing it would all go away. The goof even started throwing macaroni at me and stealing my blanket. He's lucky I was so weak, or he may not have survived.

About 3 hours later, I started feeling semi-human again. It was the strangest thing. Because really, that's too long for me to say "Well, the meds kicked in". But it was rather brief for the kind of pain I was in. So we'll see what the next couple days bring. If it happens again, I'll go see the doctor. Otherwise I'll chalk it up to my body doing what it's supposed to do - fighting the infection and (hopefully) prevailing.

No comments: