Saturday, November 3, 2007

In which I lament my lack of organization...

So tonight hubby and I will be sleeping on the mattress on the floor in the living room. Why? Well, I'm glad you asked.

See, I have ONE completed Monkey in a Prom Dress sock. It's taken me forever to get to the second one, because at first I lost my size 2 DPN's. Then, I got a set of Knit Picks Harmony sock needles, and at that point I couldn't find my yarn. Here's the already knit sock...

So tonight I was determined. I tore my room APART. Took stuff and threw it on the box spring of the bed after taking the mattress off so I could see underneath the whole thing. I finally found the darned yarn... between the dresser and the wall. Go figure. But my room's completely trashed. So I just put the mattress in the living room on the floor, because I am not in the mood to clean it up.

So now I can finish monkey.

Except for one thing...

I can't find my pattern printout. Mind you, there's nothing preventing me from looking it up online. But I am currently lacking printing abilities. So I get to write the flippin' thing out and work on it from there. Gah.

Anyone got an HP inkjet printer for me?

1 comment:

Kaparoo said...

Oh, I can so relate!
And every weekend I keep telling myself I'm going to clean some of the junk out of here (even took a trunkload to Goodwill a couple of weeks ago) but i seen to keep knitting instead.
Or playing on the computer!
I think I need a 12 step program, or 3 (cleaning, knitting, computer). I'll send you a cartridge if you get me caught up around here ;)