Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Speed Sticks vs. US2 DPN and package!


Speed Sticks vs. US2 DPN
Originally uploaded by mswebchik.

I got my speed sticks in the mail today, along with 7 skeins of yarn. 2 of them were self-striping/patterning moda-dea sassy stripes (lucky), and 5 were various colors of Lion Brand Wool Ease.

I got a kick out of the size difference. I'm making some socks with size 2 DPN's right now, so I put them next to each other. Wow. As one person put it, it's like a toothpick next to a broomstick.

For those of you wondering - the speed sticks are going to be used for an afghan I'm going to make out of all the fun fur/novelty yarn I have around here now. I figured it would be fun for the kids to use on the floor (lots of textures) and warm and fuzzy to curl up with.

No comments: