Thursday, January 25, 2007

My Pretties...

I was naughty today. I went to my LYS and made a purchase. But they were soooo pretty and inviting and I really did need them...

I purchased a set of 6" Crystal Palace Bamboo DPN's. Size US2 - 2.75mm. They are beautiful. They're warm to the touch, and smooth, and simply lovely. I'm so happy. They're amost making me forget that I have a house full of loud children.

On the advice of April, I opted to start with Voodo. I'm working them with some basic acrylic Bernat Super Value worsted. Nothing fancy, obviously. It's just something for me to get used to knitting in the round on DPN's. But it should work out well. So far it looks nice. And I'm remembering what it's like to work with tiny needles going round and round. It's soothing, in a way. I will definitely become majorly addicted to sock knitting once I start. Even on teeny tiny needles it doesn't take a whole lot of time to work out.


My 9yo kitty cat opted to sit on my lap and nose the knitting off it, so I'm taking a mandatory break now. How could you say no to this face? He's so sweet and soft, and just getting over being horribly ill so I'm happy to have him sit here.
Okay, after I get my kids to give up and go to bed, I'll dig the webcam out and do a photo shoot of my various projects, completed and otherwise. For now, I'm cuddling with the kitty.


1 comment:

Saffity said...

I still say your kitty is beautiful, I wish I had a kitty to cuddle.