Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Realizations

It just occurred to me that I have a webcam somewhere around here. So I shall find it andd use it for taking pics of my knitting works to be posted here. I'm still pushing for donations for a digital camera, tho. That info is on my Livejournal site at http://mrswebchik.livejournal.com.

Unbiased is now sewn, and the creator of the pattern, Stephanie Shiman of http://www.recycledsilk.com is pregnant and due any day now. I'm sending her a 5-hour-baby-sweater. I made mine from the "original" pattern. I love making it in different yarns, like eyelash yarn and other fun-fur type yarns. I made one in an eyelash yarn for a baby in SoCal - she was the talk of the town! My friend's friends kept asking her where she got the sweater - and she was thrilled to tell them that it was a one-of-a-kind specially made for her baby.

I think that's what I like most about knitting. Aside from the therepeutic nature of knitting, and the accomplished feeling you get when you finish a pesky new pattern successfully, there's the sheer uniqueness of hand-knit items. I have a purse made with the Twiggy Tweed pattern, my new Unbiased bag, many 5-hr-sweaters, a few little blankets, and other things I've knit. And no matter which one I make, there is not going to be another item exactly like the one I made. After all, depending on my mood, the needles used, the weather, the yarn, and any other minor factor, my stitches will come out differently every time. So it's completely original.

Yeah, I like that.

2 comments:

OLPP said...

Hooray!
Now don't forget those pictures!

Sarah said...

Congrats!

First knitting blog!