Monday, September 14, 2009

Support (aka - I have awesome parents)

Through everything I've been dealing with over the past couple weeks I have had insane amounts of support. My friends have been there to let me know they care, help distract me from life so I can pretend things are okay, and even step in to babysit for my brood. My family has been an incredible source of emotional support. And my mom, well, without her (and my step-dad) I would not have survived. Period. They have been a tremendous source of help for me. From listening to me vent, letting me cry on their shoulder (thanks dad), to the insane amount of financial support they've given me lately, I could not have done anything without them.

Last weekend, I had Friday off. My niece babysat for me - mom brought her here, paid her, and gave me a little money so I wouldn't be completely without. She even covered my cell phone bill for me. And you know what? I had a GREAT time. Thank you, mom.

She knows at some point I'll pay her back. Gradually, but it will happen. It's not like my parents are loaded either... they are fairly comfortable, but far from well-off. But that doesn't matter to them. I was raised to believe that you don't have to have money to be rich. Having a family who loves you is all you really need. And I was also raised to help others whenever I can. Because you never know when you'll need the help.

As much as I love having my parents there to help me now, I hate asking them. Seriously. Because they've done so much already, and because I should be able to do this on my own. I've done it before. I know I'll do it again. Which brings me to the next part - when I talked to my step-dad about what happened, when he was hugging me and letting me cry on him, the best thing he told me is something he's been telling me all my life - he believes in me. He knows I can get through this and move on to bigger and better things. He knew I didn't need to hear about how awful it was, he knew that his daughter needed to know that she was able to get through it, and succeed.

*sigh*

This has been rambling, but hey, it's my blog I'll post how I want to. And I really felt the need to let others know how awesome my friends, family, and especially my parents are.

Thank you. All of you. Love you mom 'n dad.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Really, so when we gonna get together again? This part of your family still cares and you know I LOVE to hear the ramble even though you let me ramble while you played on the puter. ;)