Friday, January 22, 2010

Why yes, I still knit.

I am currently working on a sock on size 2 (2.75mm) dpn's. KnitPicks nickel-plated dpn's to be exact. I got myself the sock kit for my birthday (along with the zephyr interchangeable kit). There is an 8-row K1P1 cuff, 3 rows of stockinette, and then Artsygal's short-row heel. You can get the heel directions in her Everyone Out Of the Pool! pattern. I suggest you buy it, because until Feb 15th 50% of proceeds for the pattern go to Haiti Doctors Without Borders. I also highly recommend you check out her yarns. They are absolutely beautiful and very high quality. I'm thoroughly addicted to them.

I'll bet you want to see a picture of the heel, don't you? Okay... here it is...

See, isn't it pretty? And NO HOLES. It's also easy to do, no fiddling with picking up wraps and trying to knit them together w/o dropping stitches.

This particular anklet is being knit in her 100% merino in a lovely rainbow colorway.

The instep is being knit in a lacy pattern that I found in Bella Catina Italiana sock pattern. It's a free pattern, I'm sure one could find it if you search, because I'm too lazy to find and link it. You can always find it on Ravelry, I know it's there. It's a simple 6-stitch, 4 row pattern which is very easy to memorize, and quite addictive. Also really stretchy.

And with that, it's time for me to get ready to go to work. Have a nice night.

No comments: