Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Things become fun after a break...

Like Icarus. I stopped knitting for a while, and when I picked it up again, I realized I was closer to completion than I thought. So now I'm roughly 20 rows from being done, which, all things considered, is pretty damned close. I'm actually waiting for emergency backup yarn from April, as the yarn she sent me is almost out, and I don't want to run out in a less convenient spot. So soon I'll be blocking and such, and I can't wait!

After that, I'll get back to knitting Peacock Feathers. I couldn't knit that as much as I wanted over the summer, as it requires a certain amount of focus, and the kids are quite disruptive to my knitting plans. I'm sure it will seem extremely fresh to me at that point!

I'm also knitting my beaded cami again. Much like Icarus, I picked it up and realized that I was almost done with the front panel. So I should have that done tonight. Then it will be on to the top pattern section and after that off to the back panel. All of which will undoubtedly go much faster than the first part (because it always works that way).

And I would have mega pictures to post, were it not for the fact that my 3 year old threw my camera on the ground right after I took pics of the kids for their first day of school. Thankfully, it's digital, and the pics are intact, but the lens is all screwed up now inside. You turn it on, and the image looks like it's melting. Kinda cool, but not very useful. This is why I bought a relatively inexpensive camera.

Oh, for my next project (once Icarus is off the needles) I'm going to be participating in Secret of the Stole! I'm using the Alpaca Cloud in Autumn Heather for it. It's even one of the recommended yarns and shades for the pattern. Whee!

No comments: