So peeps can make them themselves... All about the teaching, I am.
1 cup shortening (I use softened unsalted butter)
1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed bananas (2 average)
1/2 cup buttermilk (I use a reconstituted buttermilk powder to make it, because I make these so often)
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag baking chips of choice (approx 18 oz). Heath bar cookies with the chocolate are a favorite.
Also can add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
1) Mix well shortening, sugar and eggs.
2) Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla.
3) Blend flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into wet ingredients.
4) Stir in baking chips
5) Chill 1 hour (I never do this)
6) Heat oven to 375
7) Drop by rounded tablespoonfull 2" apart on lightly greased baking sheet (I don't grease the sheet either. Will use parchment paper sometimes though)
8) Bake 10 min or so, until tops look slightly dry.
This makes a moist, cake-like cookie. Yummy.