Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Alas, Elfinesocks is no more...

I hate to say it, but I had to rip out Elfine's Socks. I was going nutzoid knitting it on DPN's, so I ordered a 32" size 1.5 (2.5mm) circular needle from KnitPicks so I could knit it in Magic Loop. Well... that made knitting easier, but I could tell the difference between the dpn knit part and the ml part... and I wasn't thrilled with how the colors were working out anyways... SO I decided to rip it out and start a different sock. I finally settled on Shimmer, and it's working out well!

See! It's purdy. Yay! Mom will be so happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you had to rip apart your sock in progress, though I think the yarn looks much better than this sock!

(.. as for how noticeable transition was between dpn to your circ, I wonder because of the needle size? KP size 1, 2, and maybe even 3 are actually larger than standard size, like Addis)

I like what I see so far! Hope to see the finished sock soon!

Unknown said...

Yeah, it does look better this way. The yarn was just telling me it wanted to be Shimmer. :) And the needles are both 2.5mm... I think I just get a tighter gauge with the magic loop, because I don't have all the spaces between needles to cope with. I'm picking up a set of 32"circs of each size they offer from KnitPicks as soon as I have the money available, that's for sure!